One of the top reasons you have a website is boosting sales. One of the most common questions we get asked is, "how do we boost our business sales with web design?".
It is a pretty big topic, but to keep this post simple, we'll start by covering some of the more broad marketing tips for web design, and how to improve your company's website!
So, lets get to it. Here's the checklist below:
- Figure out how to improve website speed and performance
- Understand the best ways to optimize your website
- Discover and use marketing tips for web design
- Learn how to improve your company website by providing a good user experience
How do we boost our business sales with web design?
Without further ado, lets attempt to answer the question with practical answers, "how do we boost our business sales with web design?".
1. Figure out how to improve website speed & performance
One of the best ways to optimize your website, especially for Google, is to improve website speed. Why should you improve your website's speed?
Well, lets think about this for a second. Are you impatient? Do you hate waiting more than 3 seconds for a website to load? Well, you're not alone! According to one study, 53% of mobile users abandon a website if it takes more than three seconds to load. People are very impatient, especially when it comes to browsing online. Make sure that you take time to figure out how to improve your website's speed, and then figure out the best ways to optimize your website for page speed.
You can use a free tool like Pingdom in order to gauge page speed, and going even further, you can couple that with using Google's Page Speed Insights to help figure out the best ways to optimize your website's performance.
2. Understand the best ways to optimize your website
When we talk about optimizing your web design, a big part of how that ties in is through SEO (search engine optimization). One of the best ways to optimize your website is through making sure that all pages are optimized for search engines. If they're optimized for search engines, you have a much higher chance ranking your website for keywords that people search for in Google. And with an amazing, user-friendly web design, you'll be able to convert those passively browsing users, into paying customers.
The biggest part in how to improve your company website through SEO, and getting your web design prepared for Google, lets go over some key checklist items:
- Keyword research. One of the best ways to optimize your website is through starting off with keyword research. You need to figure out what people are searching for, how often they're searching, and what the competition is like in order to pick which keywords you want your website to rank for. A great tool to start off with is installing Keywords Everywhere. It's a free, Google Chrome addon that lets you see the keyword search volume of any keyword, when you search for something on Google.
- Minimize image sizes. Another one of the best ways to optimize a website is to shrink the size of your image. This directly goes hand in hand with how to improve your website performance, and how to improve your website's speed. The smaller the image sizes, the less time it takes for your website to load. Therefore, increasing your website's performance and page speed times.
- Use HTTPS. Google has publicly stated why it's important to use HTTPS over HTTP on your website. In a nut shell, it's one of the best ways to improve your website as it locks down your website from any security threats. People feel much safer when they see that you're using HTTPS over HTTP, especially whenever they need to input their credit card or any other personal information into your website.
3. Marketing tips for website design
There's a few marketing tips for website design that we'll go over here.
- One of the easiest ways, is to make your website design look good. If you go to any website, and it looks sketchy, embarrassing or unprofessional - what do you think you'll do? Well, according to a study from Stanford on the credibility of web design, 75% of new users that go to a website for the first time judge solely on how the website looks. What this means is - if you can't even invest the time, money and effort into how people perceive you online, don't expect people calling to buy from you! It's that simple.
- Reduce friction. One of the best ways to improve your website is to reduce the friction that the user is experiencing. Have you ever been to a website that had a bunch of ads, pop-ups, "share our page!" social icons, or you just couldn't find what you were looking for? This is friction. This frustrates people and drives them away to your competitors. You need to have a seamless user experience. One of the best ways on how to improve your company website and how to improve website performance, it's creating an amazing user experience. Make it easy for people to find what they are looking for, as quickly as they possibly can.
4. Learning how to improve your company website
Beyond the tips above, lets go over other ways on how to improve your company website, with a focus on how to boost your website's sales.
- Create amazing value propositions. In order to improve your company and boost website sales, you have to give incentives people. Why should they contact you? What makes you different than your competitors? What can you offer your users, what your competition doesn't? In order to get people to call or email you to spend money on you, you need to create amazing value propositions and display them in a professionally designed manner on your website.
- Follow accessibility standards. One of Google's main ways of ranking websites, is to rank websites that answer people's questions. But also, they want to make sure the websites they rank highly will also be the most accessible to people with disabilities. One of the best ways to optimize your website's speed and performance, is to make it more accessible to people that have certain disabilities.
- Add urgency. One of the others way to improve your website performance from a business standpoint is in making sure that you create a sense of urgency for whatever you're selling. If you give a deal, such as a buy one get one free deal for a limited time only, you'll notice users pooling into emailing or calling you for that deal. It's a great way boost your business sale with your website design.
- Eliminate noise. Another key factor in how to boost your business sales with your web design, is eliminating noise. Having too many pages that don't contribute to your overall business goals on your website, can drastically affect your user experience in a bad way. Keeping your website aligned with your business goals, will greatly improve your website's performance.
Concluding our answers to how to boost business sales with web design
As you can see, we went over the best ways to optimize your website speed and performance, in order to boost business sales with web design. Shoot us an email today so we can take care of these problems for you!